Saturday, May 16, 2015

Finding your fierce, men need it too!

I recently did a talk for a group of Photographers in Connecticut called 'Find Your Fierce'. Being a Boudoir photographer who focuses much of my time on women, and of course, being a woman myself, I can speak of the feminine side of finding your fierce, well, fiercely! But I realized putting my talk together that I needed to reach men as well. About a week prior to my talk I was speaking with a great friend of mine about what he's looking for in a woman, being that he is an attractive, successful, intelligent man who happens to be single, I wanted to help him out. I know so many amazing single women! But in talking to him I learned so much about the male psyche, how men are truly feeling the same way women are, they just don't always vocalize it. They're insecure with their looks, and their bodies in every way women are. They need to find their fierce as much as women do.

I have also been working with a publisher to provide better images of men for books. It seems there is a bit of a lack of great male photography. And when you look on forums for models and photographers, sure enough it happens to be mostly female models everyone is looking for. Where are the great photographers of men? There are a few, Michael Stokes being one of my absolute favorites at the moment. But by and large, there aren't that many opportunities for men in our area. I've decided I'm going to change that. I'm starting a series of male portraits and I am very excited to share the first in that series. My first model has never modeled professionally before and was a blast to work with. (and don't worry! I won't feature only perfectly handsome, fit, young men. I'm looking for character!)

Introducing Michael M. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment